Top educated mariner with Masters Degree Diploma in Navigation after 6 years study course in a prestigious Maritime Academy and vast 18 years proven sea - going track record on the waves, now I am an established UK MCA unlimited certified Captain with respect - earning attitude who keeps his finger on the industry pulse and brings high safety standards from the Commercial fleet into the yachting industry to dedicate rest of his career for:
Motor Yacht Captain (any size) - the trusted Company man and strong crew team bond focusing on the quality service and comfort for Owner and Guests, the dynamic blend of autocratic and charismatic leader styles with a strong team spirit, retaining high safety standards in emergency situation
Managerial shore-based position on Cote d'Azur area - to contribute my team spirit, punctuality and multitasking organizational skills to the right role naturally extending ashore my sea-going track record experience, ISM and ISPS fine practice and Maritime Conventions vast knowledge and proficiency
Standing out from the crowd with my professional achievements
- MCA Master Mariner Class I ticket (unlimited Captain with no tonnage, sailing area limitations) and MCA AEC (basic Engineering) certificate
experience through all Oceans and busy tidal waters of more than 75 countries,
handling single and twin screw to Azipod prop
- Scratch-free docking ability for fine close-quarters Tender- and Yacht-handling proven in my experience since 2008 (20m-75m Motor Yachts)
- 12 excellent written professional references by respected Captains and professionals in the Yachting Industry (links after track records below)
- Up to date STCW BST, ISM (Ship Safety Officer), ISPS (Ship Security Officer) GMDSS GOC,ECDIS certified and MLC 2006 compliant Navigator
- Essential extra Yachting accreditation from associations like RYA (PWC/Jet-ski Instructor), PADI (SCUBA Dive Master) and IKO (Kite Surfer)
- Maritime University graduate-Masters Degree (M.Sc. in Navigation) after complete 6 years study course in a prestigious Maritime Academy
- Successful UKLAP (UK Legal and Administrative Processes) course and exam in Antibes before MCA official for captaining UK flagged vessels
- PADI SCUBA Dive Master - qualified to certify and guide first time guest divers as well as lead certified divers on a local and refresher dives
- Valuable business relations and professional connections within the Yachting Industry for quality crews hire sourcing and timely replacement
Possessing wide range of skills proven and polished throughout my 16 years sea-going experience
- Extensive GRP, Aluminum and Steel hull & superstructure repairs and maintenance, detailing techniques and treatment products knowledge
- Deck equipment and cleaning chemicals sourcing, inventory, maintenance and tasks logging through various software programs as IDEA etc.
Handling harsh take - over conditions - starting from scratch under exceptional
circumstances where no or a time - limited handover occurs
- Intelligent marine high-tech Bridge equipment operator, yet well-versed with old-school navigation, maneuvering, astronomy, seaworthiness
Versatile and diplomatic liaison with institutions, authorities and yacht
company management, adhering to budget frames where such exist
- Advanced knowledge and RYA PWC Instructor qualification for conducting, supervising, risk-assess and safely manage water sport activities
- Racing sailing yachts ex - competitor, member of the National Team with many Silver and Gold medals and cups won for my local Yacht Club
- Outgoing personality, keen Windsurfer, passionate diver and photographer, certified starter Kitesurfer from Abu Dhabi/UAE Kite surf school
computer/MS Office and HTML user with good administrative skill and sufficient
Engine, AV/IT and auxiliary equipment erudition
- Certified and proven excellent English fluency (MARLINS course including test of spoken English with result: Advanced User scored 98% link)
My track record crosses 3 industries since year 2000 through the World's busiest traffic zones on water crafts 20m-300m
(as Chief Officer and Captain year 2008 to present)
Always having my finger on the pulse of the yachting industry!
August 2014 - September 2017 (Captain and Owner's representative)
- 48m Heesen Motor Yacht Let It Be - overall in charge of this 2007 built Motor Yacht running with 9 crew members and cruising the Mediterranean Sea. Joined without handover from my predecessor I managed to build a great crew team and meet the challenging 3-weeks notice to bring the yacht up to standard for her shining presentation on Cannes boat show and the following Monaco Yacht festival. Handling the budget frames, managing the yacht day-to-day business without shore management support, accounting for crew and supplies, sourcing quotations, provisioning, handling crew shortlisting and disciplinary issues, liaison with shore contractors for maintenance and spare parts delivery, establishing strong professional relation with services contractors and sale brokers, meeting the statutory flag requirements for safety equipment, flag and class certificates are just a few aspects of my achievements on-board this yacht. However I have also benefited from both yacht shows by building many new professional relations and business contacts thus expanding my professional horizon. After winter maintenance period in Spain in early 2015 I oversaw her dry docking haul-out period in MB92 Barcelona shipyard, passed successfully Class and Flag Surveys, and prepared the yacht for the high Mediterranean season. Evident for my efforts and achievements on-board are the three excellent written professional references - one from the Owner, one from the central brokerage agency Gaspard Yachting and one from Chief Engineer Milen Kolev. Referees-Owner, Manager and broker at Gaspard Yachts, Chief Engineer served along:
"... I would like to take this time to express my satisfaction and appreciation by the way this yacht was presented on both Cannes and Monaco Yacht Festivals under the captaincy of Mr. Ivaylo Chividzhiyan - MCA Master Mariner with many sea miles under his belt and valuable qualifications. Joined just 3 weeks before Cannes boat show with no handover from his predecessor Captain Ivaylo..." (Owner of the yacht)... continue to the written reference
" I would like to thank you for your excellent work and your kind assistance in the preparation and presentation of the yacht at the Monaco Yacht Show 2014. You and your crew have shown a great professionalism... I would also like to thank you for conducting visits with our clients in the kindest and most professional way. I am looking ..." (Pierre Badin - Manager of central broker agency at Gaspard Yachts)... continue to the written reference
"It gives me pleasure to congratulate Captain Chividzhiyan for his great service and good cooperation on-board. He was in command of the yacht when I joined as Chief Engineer in April 2016 and after a long commercial track record as Chief Engineer I truly benefited and enjoyed being introduced to the fine yachting industry by an established and professional yacht Captain ..." (Chief Engineer Milen Kolev)... continue to the written reference
May 2014 - August 2014 (Captain and Owner's representative)
- 43m Westship charter Motor Yacht Mona Liza - overall in charge of this Westship built and Marshall Islands flagged commercially registered Motor Yacht run with 8 international crew members, up to 10 Guests and cruising in the Adriatic Sea. Responsibilities and activities included but not limited to: Crew recruitment, shortlisting and management, Safety equipment maintenance, sourcing and servicing, Charter planning and management, Guest relation and communications, Food and Provisioning, Charter expenses and crew wages accounting, Adhering to budget frames, Yacht and tender close quarters maneuvering and docking, Water sports planning and risk assessment, Crew disciplinary issues handling, Running Mini ISM system, Interior / Exterior management and provisioning, Statutory Flag and Class requirements implementation, liaison with local Authorities and Yacht Charter Agents.
"...Engineer with their established routines and rules, Captain Chividzhiyan swiftly and efficiently managed to gain their respect, establish his authority and show as a strong team bond for a very short period available. Along with recruiting all the rest crew positions sourcing and shortlisting profiles by himself without shore management support whatsoever, he managed to form a successful team, learn yacht specifics and get all up to charter-ready standard within challenging 2 weeks' time before guests' arrival in Tivat" (Chief Stewardess Rosi Kozhuharova)... continue to the written reference
April 2012 - May 2014 (Captain and Chief Officer)
- 70m Oceanfast Motor Yacht Nomad - annually 9 months straight as Chief Officer and Relief Captain on-board 70m Oceanfast build Mega Motor Yacht with full ISM and ISPS systems in place, cruising Mediterranean sea on Private and Charter use. Multinational crew, very busy tight schedule as an ISM Safety, ISPS Security and Environmental Officer passed successfully internal and external ISM and ISPS Audits with no remarks or non-conformities. Head of the Deck Department of four Deck crew including 2nd Officer. Hands-on maneuvering, docking, provisioning, accounting, planned and unplanned maintenance, heavy anchor and sea-going watch-keeping, water sports, Drills and checks, new crew joining members familiarization, yacht business correspondence, liaise with sub-contractors and running her day-to-day business routine operations. Overseen her annual dry dock period, planned and unplanned maintenance. My last period I served as Captain for 3 months straight. Referee - Chief Engineer MY Nomad - Marin Hristov:
"... Ivaylo Chividzhiyan is very well educated, more than 10 years experienced and MCA top certified marine professional I worked with on-board. He has what it makes a good team bond and leader - very good people management ..." (Chief Engineer Marin Hristov) ... continue to the written reference
June 2011 - September 2011 (Chief Officer and Staff Captain - 3 months relief contract)
- 50m Oceanco Motor Yacht Anedigmi - through her busiest charter season period cruising South of France, Italian Riviera, Corsica and Sardinia on a 3 months relief position as a Staff Captain / Chief Officer. I quickly adapted to the team and earned respect as a Head of the Deck Department of four deck crew, handling my assignments as ISM, ISPS, GMDSS GOC, Navigational and Environmental Officer, Stand-alone Watch-keeping Officer, and running day-to-day Yacht business, stock control, LSA, FFE and Deck maintenance through IDEA software, organizing and supervising the guests safety in daily swimming and water sports activities with jet-ski, wave-runners and sea-bob, water-ski and inflatables towing. Referee - Captain Hans Joachim Rost:
"... Ivaylo has a high level of professionalism. With his roots in merchant marine his standards are considerably higher as of what you normally find in the Yachting Industry " (by Captain Hans Joachim Rost as posted on my LinkedIn website profile on 24 Nov 2013) ... continue to the written reference
March 2010 - April 2011 (Captain and Chief Officer)
- 75m Hanseatic Marine Motor Yacht Rabdan of United Arab Emirates Royal Family - cruising the Arabian Gulf as a Chief Officer and on multiple occasions a Captain. Started from scratch when joined ghost boat with no crew to take over from, I brought the yacht to her best operational standard in shortest period possible to receive her Principle - His Highness the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi! MY Rabdan was under a very short constant notice of readiness and kept in pristine exterior state by my Department. She was registered as a Passenger class Yacht with a full ISM system running on board hence involving me in a very busy and high-standard Safety and Security duties and maintenance daily tasks, which lead her successfully through several spotless internal and external ISM Audits. Performing the Passenger-vessel-standard Safety Drills and training, improving the existing safety arrangements and Policy, suggesting and implementing Safety and Security amendments, organizing the maintenance of the Safety, Security and Deck equipment and water toys were my daily routines. I managed my Department to prepare her for the YAS "Grand Prix Formula 1" prestigious event in 2010 and oversaw her major refit in ADSB Shipyard in 2010/2011. Having withstood the huge Captain's turnover I was taking over and handing over to every next-joined Captain - altogether 6 Captains, also had the chance to maneuver her alone on a few occasions for docking with moderate head winds in the very tight Yas Marina on anchor-alongside-stern-to scheme. I was additionally in charge and assigned as the Yacht's car driver providing for the Yacht supplies and running all administrative tasks as well as her day-to-day business throughout Abu Dhabi where-from I gained a valuable knowledge of the local suppliers and high-end yacht service providers. All my assignments as the Ship's ISM Safety Officer, Ship's ISPS Security and Environmental Officer, and Head of Deck Department of four crew (including a Second Officer) I conducted with dedication, professionalism and pride having it proven by excellent written references given by two very respected professionals - Captain Stig Lungstrom and Captain Howard Crowther:
"... Ivaylo has proven himself to be an excellent Chief Officer, who had to perform his duties in difficult circumstances. Joining the Yacht after the entire crew had been dismissed, he had to learn the vessel, create and incorporate routines and systems from scratch & without assistance... Head of the Deck Department of four crew Ivaylo has assumed command of the vessel on several occasions ..." (Capt Stig Lungstrom) ... continue to the written reference
"... He joined the Yacht at a very difficult juncture, just after the entire previous crew had left the Yacht, & was one of the first of the new crew to take over. The Yacht, & his Department specifically had to be made operational in the shortest period possible in order to be ready to receive her Owner, The Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, at very short notice. This he achieved, showing quiet competence & good organizational ability. He was notably conscientious & willingly undertook any responsibility I placed upon him. Ivaylo ..." (Captain Howard Crowther) ... continue to the written reference
April 2009 - October 2009 (Chief Officer and assistant Engineer)
- 39m Ferretti Motor Yacht Agatha- as a Chief Officer and Assistant Engineer cruising the West Mediterranean Sea with duties as a stand-alone Officer of Watch, ISM Safety and ISPS Security Officer, Navigational Officer - Charts corrections and Routes preparation, lines-handling, maneuvering, Deck maintenance, deckies management, hands-on full hull sides and stainless steel polishing, wash-downs, varnishing and touch-up painting, Safety Drills, training and crew familiarization, Yacht supplies and stock-control, GMDSS Radio Officer and Medical Officer duties, Oversaw her dry-docking period in AMICO shipyard - Genoa/Italy. Participated in Yacht Wave Runners and Jet Ski RYA certification along with my RYA PWC Operator and RYA PWC Instructor course, exam and certification by UK RYA Inspector. Undertook my MCA AEC course, exam and certification, MCA UKLAP course, exam and certification by Southampton MCA Inspector in Antibes to obtain my UK MCA CeC Master unlimited ticket. Referee - Chief Engineer Veselin Teoharov:
"... Ivaylo showed as a very organized, punctual and motivating team mate. He was equally active and helpful in organizing and providing his skills for both the exterior, ISM and ISPS maintenance and checks, and Engine room assistance too... He performed his duties with expertise and attention to the detail. He is a honest, reliable and hard-working person. His attitude ..." (Chief Engineer Veselin Teoharov) ... continue to the written reference
September 2008 - February 2009 (Chief Officer as Safety Officer)
- 133m Mega Yacht / World Cruiser Seabourn Spirit - as Chief Officer on a busy Worldwide charter cruising the Mediterranean Sea, Middle and Far East involved in daily stand-alone Watch-keeping and maneuvering through the busiest inland and open sea traffic zones and TSS schemes, strict Bridge record-keeping, Conducting Safety Checks, Drills and planned maintenance, lines handling for docking, crew management and disciplinary actions, stock control and provisioning, busy water sport activities and interactions with guests (Ko Kood island - Thailand). Referee - Captain Thoenis Soerensen:
"Under my command Chief Officer Chividzhiyan has proven himself to be most reliable Officer and well suited for this ultra luxury trade. Mr. Chividzhiyan has excellent achievement possibilities, Navigational and Water Sports skills, and Safety and Security awareness and I look forward to sail with him again. I warmly recommend him as an asset on board in the luxury cruise market" (Captain Thoenis Soerensen) ... continue to the written reference
June 2008 - August 2008 (Captain)
- 20m Luxury Heesen Motor Yacht Vesselina - as a Captain cruising Khalkidhiki / Greece with duties: Wash-downs, Filler corrections, Painting, Routes preparing, Polishing, Navigational Watch, Charts corrections, Maneuvering, ISPS and ISM, Scuba Diving assistance and supervision, GMDSS Radio Officer, Lines handling, Engine maintenance, Accounting, Purchasing, Provisioning, Yacht representation, Events on board. Referee - Owner Mr. Balabanov
February 2008 - May 2008 (Captain and Chief Officer)
- 41m Heesen Motor Yachts Ladyship- as Chief Officer, Captain cruising West Med sea - Malta, Naples, Montenegro with duties as Officer of Navigational Watch, painting, maneuvering, Safety Officer duties, Deck maintenance and checks, lines-handling, Navigational Charts correction, wash-downs, polishing, varnishing, filler correction, passage planning, ISPS duties, accounting, purchasing and Stock control, Oversaw her dry-docking period in Malta shipyard. Referee - Owner's representative Alexey Zotov:
"... performed his work to the satisfaction of the Captain and the Management company, showing dedication to his duties and interest to learn... In particular he was in full charge of the Yacht and coped very well with the tasks assigned and with his communications to the office... Ivaylo can be a good asset on board a large Yacht and we can recommend him to any ..." (Owner's representative Alexey Zotov) ... continue to the written reference
(as Officer of Navigational Watch and Chief Officer 2006-2008)
Great stepping stone to the Yachting Industry!
5-plus stars modern big liners with the latest high-tech Integrated Bridge equipment and Azipod propulsion fitted on board (stand - alone Watch-keeping Officer/Safety Officer/GMDSS Officer/Security & Port Papers Officer):
- Celebrity Cruises under the highest RCCL Navigational policy standard on-board cruising North Sea, Mediterranean Sea and Caribbean Sea Officer of Navigational Watch on Gas Turbines and Azipods propulsion equipped 300m 5-stars plus Passenger Liner GTS Constellation under Royal Caribbean (RCCL) Navigational Policy cruising the USA, Caribbean and North and Baltic Seas - Safety and Officer of Navigational Watch, Deckhands Management, GMDSS Radio Officer Safety equipment maintenance and checks , Lines handling etc.
- Seabourn Cruises - part of Yachts of Seabourn fleet cruising Far East, Med Sea and Caribbean Sea (written reference from Captain Thoenis Soerensen)
Chief Officer - Officer of Navigational Watch, Safety Equipment Maintenance and Checks, Lines Handling, Deckhands Management, Stock control. Busy Worldwide charter cruising the Mediterranean Sea, Middle and Far East involving me in daily stand-alone Watch-keeping through the busiest inland and open sea traffic zones and TSS schemes, strict Bridge record-keeping, Safety Officer - Drills, Checks and maintenance, lines handling, crew management, stock control, busy water toys activities and guests interactions. Lots of Water Toys activities in Thailand and Ko Kood Island.
- GTS Finnjet - legendary Passenger ship cruising the North Sea as a part of Silja
Line fleet cruising The Bahamas (written reference from Captain Branko Skoric below) - Officer of Navigational Watch on 200m Passenger Ship GTS FinnJet (Commercial) The Bahamas - Navigational and Safety Officer, Deckhands Management, GMDSS Radio Officer Safety equipment maintenance and checks , Lines handling etc. Referee - Captain Branko Skoric
"... a positive attitude and strong work ethic, excellent communication and interpersonal skills relating effectively to people at all levels, able to create a firm, friendly working atmosphere enabling the team to work efficiently, dealing tactfully and discretely with personnel matters. I recommend him as a responsible, trustworthy and honest with high personal and professional standards" (Captain Branko Skoric) ... continue to the written reference
(as Officer of Navigational Watch 2000-2006)
Best source of high safety standards!
Stand-alone Officer of Navigational Watch / Safety and
Fire-Fighting equipment stock control and maintenance, Navigational Officer
Chart corrections, Navigational Routes preparations, Cargo handling, Port
papers preparation, Medical, GMDSS Radio Officer daily routines. Always under full ISM system.
Commercial ships I have served on include:
- 150m MV San Francisco (Ahrenkiel GmbH) – Officer of the Navigational Watch, Navigational Charts corrections, Routes, Lines handling, Deckhands control and supervision, Port papers preparation etc. Excellent reference by Ahrenkiel GmbH Crew Manager Susanne Petkovic.
- 180m MV Cordelia (Ahrenkiel GmbH) - Officer of Navigational Watch, Ship Security Officer – Navigational Charts corrections, Routes preparation, Lines handling, Deckhands control and supervision, Port papers preparation etc.
- 170m MV Columbus Queensland - Officer of Navigational Watch, Ship Security Officer – Navigational Watch and Charts corrections, Routes and Port papers preparation, Lines handling, Deckhands control and supervision
- 160m MV Europe Star - Officer of Navigational Watch - Navigational Watch and Charts corrections, Routes preparation, Lines handling, Deckhands control and supervision
- 170m MV Egon Oldendorff - Officer of Navigational Watch - Officer of the Navigational Watch, Navigational Charts corrections, Lines handling, Deckhands control and supervision, Port papers preparations
- 200m MV Pacific Link – Assistant Officer of Navigational Watch, Deck maintenance – Chipping, De-Rusting, Painting, Cargo operations supervision, Chart corrections assistance, Lines handling etc.
World marine traffic zones and crossings I sailed
5 circumnavigations, Pacific Ocean (more than 5 times), Atlantic Ocean (10+ times), Indian Ocean (5+ times) Oceans, Baltic, Adriatic, Yellow, China, Black and North Seas (average 5 times each), China Sea (10 + times), World?s busiest traffic zones as the English Channel (10 +times), Malacca strait, Suez (10+ times) and Panama (5+ times), U.A.E waterways, Arabian Gulf Roads, Japan, Korean, USA, African and European and American coastal waters.
Maritime University 6 years study
(Masters Degree - M.Sc. in Navigation attended 1993-1999)
Masters Degree (M.Sc.) in Navigation with major subjects: High Mathematics, Physics, Philosophy, Stability, Seaworthiness, Technical Drawing, Astronomy, Crew Management, Cargo handling and Securing, Meteorology, Ecology, Engineering, Marine Electronics, Cargo Transportation and Management, Safety at Sea, Radio communications, Maneuvering, Rules of the Road (COLREGs), Watch-keeping, Mechanics and Engineering
Marine Navy Military service
(Officer of Navigational Watch 1989-1992)
Officer of Navigational Watch on-board a Military Frigate cruising the Black Sea.
Do not hesitate to contact me for job opening, new project or a professional advice!
Mobile: +33 (0) 66 137 6411
Mobile: +34 (0) 603 260 170